So. I am getting ready...my house is a disaster because I have stuff everywhere...and I mean everywhere, the kitchen is pretty much unusable and my mother is going to kill me when she comes home. I did the MEC trip, got some clothes and whatever else I needed and now I just have to see what I have and what else I need and then throw it in a couple of bags.
Thanks everyone for coming out to the Epic...it truly was Epic is many different ways. It was a pleasure having everyone in my house and was not a hassle at all...thanks Tiana, Hridi, Ange and anyone else who helped to make it happen. Dave and Ania, thanks for providing rides for some people, I owe you one. Well, I have said my good-byes to most people, still a few more to go because fortunately some are still in Toronto so I can hang out a little more with them.
For anyone who is not quite sure as to what I am doing here are a few details. I am going to Esteli, Nicaragua. It is in the northern part of the country in the Central Highlands about 2.5 to 3 hours North of Managua (capital city). It is only 35 miles from the Honduras border which kicks ass because Ania will be in the South of Honduras! I am working for Oxfam-Quebec and 4 partner organizations. I have an official title, something along the lines of "advisor on mangament and organization of micro-credit" which literally means nothing. From what I understand, I will be part of a team implementing a micro-credit program specifically for small agricultural producers to help them in the transformation and value adding processes with their surplus crops so that they can increase their income. When I get more details I will post them and feel free to e-mail me f_masse@hotmail.com or francis.masse@utoronto.ca
Writing thoughts for cyber world to see is weird so forgive me if I suck at it.
-Peace
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment