So, it is 2 am the night/morning before I am supposed to leave. 12 hours to be exact. Instead of sleeping, I am sitting here drinking wine (thank you Corbin's mom for getting me started on that tonight) and to be honest it is going down quite well considering I am pretty scatterbrained right now.
some interesting news. I am supposed to be picked up at the airport in Managua by some Oxfam-Quebec people...however, there havebeen strikes by the transport industry and they have blocked many a road so Oxfam siad they may not be able to pick me up at the airport tomorrow. If this is the case I will get put up in a hotel and someone from the hotel will meet me. This is all cool, I dont care where I go once I get in as long as someone meets me at the airport. The good news is that the gov't struck a deal to end the strike so hopefully this will not be a problem.
Another piece of awesome news is that I ahev a 47 minute layover in Houston Texas...yah! I have been told that I will most likely be able to make my flight, but my bags will not! So...this means that I may get to Managua while my bags do not...that would suck tremendously as I am 3 hours away from Managua but it would be another opportunity for me to stay in a hotel for a nght in Managua.
Other than that all my goodbyes are done (other than the parents and my brother whom will take m to the airport). They were not very fun, a tear or two may have been shed. don't worry though. I will be back soon and we can all party again!!
Good luck to all the other IDSers going on placement I know everything will go well and I wish you the best. For all those people not going on placement, keep it real, and finish up your studies so you can get a job and support me when I come back ahahaha! I wish all of you the best and I will miss you.
Thanks everyone for everything and being so supportive, I promise to keep in touch and please don't hesitate to e-mail me.
Cheers,
Francis
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment