Monday, July 7, 2008

I have posted pictures

So the Corona Party last Friday did not happen. I got home from work and was way too tired to do anything, I just felt like staying in an lounging. My housemate felt the same way so we just went to the gas station picked up a pack of cervezas and chilled out at home and I was in bed by 9:30. 9:30 on a Friday night, I know, I’m a party animal. Turns out the Corona party got cancelled anyways because it was storming so it got moved to next Friday. Hopefully I will hit that up, you can’t beat 50 cent coronas.

Saturday I went into the office in the afternoon to do some work. I was happy that I was not the only one. There were 3 other people…busy time! My housemate worked 14 hours on Saturday and 14 hours on Sunday. Saturday night I needed to get out and do something so I went out with a couple guy friends. It was a guys night. We went to the dive bar Titanic for a few relaxing beers listened to some good rock and roll. It was almost empty so we pretty much had control of the music so it was definitely a class rock and roll night. Whipped out some Pink Floyd, Zeppelin and took er easy. We were just going to go there for a few beers and then hit up a busier place but we ended up meeting some enticing new people so we hung out for a while. After our new company had to leave we went to another place that was a bit more hopping, actually it was full and they were only letting in ‘certain’ people. I got in!! yay. One of my good friends used to own a bar in Esteli so he knows pretty much everyone. There was a group of Canadians doing a 3 month volunteer thing. Of course the two guys I was with wanted to go talk to the Canadian girls so we hung out with them for a bit and I left quickly when these people who were ‘development volunteers’ or whatever start asking me what I study and I say my program is called international development and they are like oh, whats that, is that like international relations or something? See ya, not in the mood to explain what international development is to people who are supposedly volunteering in a development project. So yeah anyways, this bar ran out of beer at about 1am so we headed over to Rincon Legal which is a hardcore Sandinista bar but there was literally 3 people there so after a beer we called it a night.

Sunday was a relaxing, lazy day. Was a rough start though, got woken up at 7am by the neighbours blaring music and the roosters crowing and dogs barking and it was ridiculously hot. I was thinking of going into work and I then I thought, nope, screw that, not going. So I stayed home in my boxers all day and worked on some thesis research. I also watched Hable Con Ella and it is awesome, I suggest you go rent it and watch it. You can get a version with English subtitles.

So, an act of thievery occurred at my house. As a result I am now shoeless. Some asshole stole my shoes!! On Friday night I got stuck in a rainstorm coming home from work so my shoes were soaked and covered in mud (I live on a dirt road) so I did not want them in the house. So I put them in my porch which is enclosed by a half concrete wall and iron bars with a big iron gate door with a big lock on it. So I put my shoes against the wall of my house (far away from the iron bars, about 4 feet) in this ‘secured’ area. I wake up Saturday morning go to put my shoes on and they are not there, hmm weird I think, I look around the house, not to be found. It crossed my mind maybe they were stolen but I am like nah, the doors were locked and there are big iron bars. So I go to work and ask my roommate if she moved my shoes and she said no. Damn it! So my shoes were stolen in the night. This means someone had to get a 4 foot long stick or something of the sort and somehow hook my shoes and drag them over through the bars. Lesson learned. Don’t leave anything on the porch that can fit between the bars. Stupid me.
On Sundays almost everything is closed and this place turns into a ghost town pretty much so I could not buy a new pair of shoes. So I can wear either my hiking boots or my shower flipflops to work on Monday.

I now have pictures posted! http://picasaweb.google.com/francisinnica. I have a lot more to put up but there are a few there. I am not going to put any on facebook because it just doesn’t work with this internet.

No comments: